Suge Knight back in LA hospital for ‘life-threatening’ blood clot

Jailed rap mogul Suge Knight was back in a Los Angeles hospital Wednesday battling “life threatening” blood clots, his fiancée told the Daily News.

The Death Row Records founder was receiving treatment at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center while still in custody as he fights a murder charge, she confirmed.

Toi-Lin Kelly claimed Knight, 50, has bounced in and out of the emergency room during his two years behind bars because jail officials allegedly “pressure” hospital staff to “return him to jail with only Band-Aid fixes.”

Jail officials, meanwhile, have denied any mistreatment.

Suge Knight murder trial postponed, again, as son voices outrage

“I am worried because Suge is supposed to receive the proper medical care everyone in custody is entitled to,” Kelly told the Daily News Wednesday. “Doctors have said Suge’s blood clots are life threatening.”

She said Knight’s doctors want him to receive daily blood thinning medication, and she fears it’s not being administered “regularly or on time.”

“It has been two years of in and out of the hospital, dealing with the same blood clots because the hospital doesn’t want to deal with the pressure of the Sheriff’s (jail officials) while he is seeking care,” she said.

“So no, I am not confident they care about his well-being, if at all. I can tell you we are well documenting the actions of the jail and USC Medical so we can stay on top of this,” she said.

Judge rejects Suge Knight’s bid to peek at Dr. Dre’s bank records

Knight’s time behind bars has been marked by a series of medical woes including an emergency appendix surgery in March 2016.

He’s been rushed to the hospital by ambulance multiple times since he was arrested following a fatal hit-and-run in Compton in February 2015.

Prosecutors claim Knight hit the gas on his truck and intentionally mowed down Cle “Bone” Sloan and local businessman Terry Carter in the parking lot of a burger stand — killing Carter.

They claim he was upset with Sloan after a confrontation earlier in the day at a production office for the Dr. Dre-backed movie “Straight Outta Compton.”

Suge Knight delays murder trial as lawyers fight to lower bail

Knight, 50, has pleaded not guilty in the case, claiming he was the victim of an armed ambush who feared for his life when he fled the scene and accidentally hit Carter.

Tags:
suge knight
los angeles
california

Send a Letter to the Editor

Join the Conversation:
facebook
Tweet

Entertainment Rss