John Cena and Nikki Bella’s engagement has been knocked out.
The WWE couple has split after six years together, they announced late Sunday.
“While this decision was a difficult one, we continue to have a great deal of love and respect for one another,” they said in a statement online. “We ask that you respect our privacy during this time in our lives.”
The two began dating in 2012 after Cena, 40, finalized his divorce from ex-wife Elizabeth Huberdeau. He popped the question to Bella last year at WrestleMania 33.
“This is what you wanted over a year ago. You broke your neck and did everything you could to come back because you wanted a WrestleMania moment. I’m so very proud of you. Right before your surgery, there would be a time when you would be a little loopy and I could ask you anything I wanted. If you gave me an honest answer, you wouldn’t remember what you said. After a year and half, you asked me all the time. I promised I would tell you when the time is right. The time is right,” Cena said from one knee.
“You were kinda glassy, in and out. At the last moment, I said, ‘Can you hear me?’ You said, ‘Yes.’ I said, ‘I only have one question.’ You said, ‘What is it?’ ‘Do you know one day I’m going to marry you?’ And you said, ‘Yes.’
“I just need you to say yes one more time. I’ve been waiting so long to ask you this: Stephanie Nicole Garcia-Colace, will you marry me?”
The couple was most recently spotted on the red carpet for Cena’s movie “Blockers” on April 3.
In March, he also gushed about wedding plans during an appearance on “The Tonight Show.”
“I am super excited and I’m going to have to learn a dance. I promised Nicole that I would spend the last half of April learning a dance,” he said.
“It’s not going to be any good, but I’m going to do the best I can… I’m going to put the time in because I want that moment to be special for her.”